2020 WITI@UC Athena Awards - Next Generation Engagement
The WITI@UC Athena Awards recognize those who embody, encourage, and promote the inclusion of women in technology. Awardees will be leaders who inspire others to pursue and persevere in technical careers by way of their outstanding contributions, and by service and mentorship toward promoting education and inclusion in the field.
The Next Generation Engagement Award recognizes organizations or programs that encourage girls or young women to pursue interests in STEM careers.
Award winners can be recognized for a wide variety of accomplishments, including:
- Demonstrating innovation in expanding extracurricular opportunities for girls and young women to explore technology and science
- Demonstrating impact on advancing women’s participation in technology and science
- Demonstrating support for young women undertaking college-level, graduate or postgraduate studies in technology and science
- Supporting and highlighting accomplishments of women and girls in technology
- Past Athena Award Winners: 2019 Athena Awards Winners, 2017 Athena Award Winners, and 2016 Athena Award Winners
For questions or comments please email WITI@berkeley.edu