2020 WITI@UC Athena Awards - Academic Leadership
The WITI@UC Athena Awards recognize those who embody, encourage, and promote the inclusion of women in technology. Awardees will be leaders who inspire others to pursue and persevere in technical careers by way of their outstanding contributions, and by service and mentorship toward promoting education and inclusion in the field.
The Academic Leadership Award recognizes senior leaders in academia or national labs (faculty or staff) who have a demonstrated record of technical accomplishments and have encouraged or mentored young scholars or colleagues.
Award winners can be recognized for a wide variety of accomplishments, including:
- Undertaking technically innovative work
- Demonstrating leadership in their field
- Expanding opportunities for engaging girls in technology and science
- Mentoring students, postdocs, junior faculty and/or young women professionals
- Nominees typically have at least of 10 years of experience in their academic leadership role(s)
- Past Athena Award Winners: 2019 Athena Awards Winners, 2017 Athena Award Winners, and 2016 Athena Award Winners
For questions or comments please email WITI@berkeley.edu